|MELLTRONICS 2700 (272-800X)
|1/4 - 1
|1 1/2 - 2
|1/2 - 2
|3 - 5
|High Performance in 2 Models Programmable for:
- Input Voltage and Frequency
- Tach or Armature Voltage Feedback
- Torque or Speed Regulation
- Horsepower (Maximum Current)
The ES2700 is a high performance, non-regenerative DC motor control. Included are many standard features that are available only as options
on many other single-phase non-regenerative drives. Accessibility to all important internal regulator points is provided by terminals on the
control. This permits the ES2700 to be used in custom engineered applications, as well as in standard speed regulated applications.
The ES2700 was designed to control a DC motor's speed or torque by varying the DC voltage applied to the motor's armature.
Single phase AC input is converted to variable voltage DC output power by the ES2700. The DC output voltage varies as a function of an input
reference voltage in speed regulated applications. Changing the speed reference results in a motor speed change. The DC output current varies
as a function of an input reference voltage in torque regulated applications. Changing the torque reference changes the current supplied to the
motor and results in a change in motor torque output.
The ES2700 is a versatile control. Simple jumpered programming allows the ES2700 to operate from either 120 or 240VAC input power at 50 or 60
Hz. Additional jumpers program the control to operate as either a speed regulator with armature voltage or DC tachometer feedback or as a
torque regulator with armature current feedback.
Two control models handle the entire 1/4 to 5HP range of application. Calibration of drive current limit and inverse time overload protective
circuits for rating within this range is by means of a jumper change in the main printed circuit board.
Included in the ES2700 control are many built-in features not available on competitive units. Field economy and separately adjustable rates of
acceleration and deceleration are included as standard. If desired, the built-in accel/decel control ramps can be bypassed completely without
any change to the control, and current compounding can be added to the speed regulation by changing the position of a jumper. Current limit is
normally set by a potentiometer located on the he main printed circuit board, but if desired, it can be adjusted using a remote mounted
potentiometer or customer supplied voltage signal. The ES2700 also includes an ammeter output for use with one of the ES2700 ammeter kits.
No additional ammeter shunt is required.
On occasion, customer requirements may dictate that the operator's devices be mounted on the door of the enclosure.
- Circuit Board Indicators - Light emitting diodes (LEDs) of the main circuit board indicate: DC overload, Field Loss, Instantaneous Over-current Trip, Run Mode, Jog Mode, SCR's Being Gated.
- Solid State Full Wave Power Bridge - Uses generously rated power semiconductors for maximum reliability and long life.
- Isolated Control Circuitry - Provides complete isolation of the control and regulator circuitry from the AC power bus for protection in the
event of a ground fault. The ammeter, speed potentiometer, and tachometer are not at line potential. Complete system capability is also
possible without additional isolation accessories.
- Power Supplies - Each MELLTRONICS 2700 contains and internal 115 VAC power supply to power the DC loop contractor and drive
logic relays. Internal ±24 VDC, ±15 VDC and a regulated ±10 VDC power supply are also included.
- Ammeter Output - Motor current can be indicated with the simple addition of a remote meter.
- Field Economy - Insures longer life for wound field DC motors. May be easily bypassed or time delayed to meet specific application
- Remote Current Limit - Available by the simple addition of a potentiometer or DC voltage input.
- Negative IR Compensation- Available by jumper connection. Allows use of control in jumper applications.
- Current (Torque) Regulator - 1% accuracy armature current regulator allows the operator to control motor torque instead of speed.
- Speed Regulator - 2% accuracy using armature voltage feedback with IR compensation or 1% accuracy with tachometer feedback.
Regulation may be improved by selecting the proper motor mounted tachometer.
- Separately Adjustable Linear Accel/Decel Control - Two ranges: 0.2 - 4 seconds or 2 - 30 seconds.
- Inner Current Loop Regulator - Inherent high band width capability for fast response.
- AC Line Filter and Transient Voltage Suppression Network - Eliminates interaction between other drives or AC equipment.
- SCR Trigger Circuits - Pulse transformer isolated, hard firing, high frequency "burst" type pulse train output from individually grated
oscillators insures SCR conduction regardless of the effects of the notching or incoming AC power line.
- Standard Adjustments - Maximum speed, minimum speed, acceleration time, deceleration time, IR compensation, current limit, jog speed,
velocity stability, speed rate and current stability.
- Jog at Preset Speed - Separately adjustable from zero to plus or minus 50% of base speed.
- Exclusive Static Adjustable Current Limit - Allows static setting of the desired current limit value without applying DC power and
without a connected output load whenever the optional test meter in connected.
- Common Control Circuit Boards - All MELLTRONICS 2700 series controls utilize the same PC board regardless of HP, voltage,
frequency, or control mode.
- Instantaneous Over-current Protection - Senses armature fault current quickly to protect both semiconductors and motors against
damaging current levels.
- Test Meter - this modification consists of a digital panel meter and multi-position selector switch. It provides the capability to monitor
nine critical drive parameters. The test meter kit easily connects.
- Ammeter Kit - the ES2700 control includes circuitry to drive an external ammeter without the addition of an ammeter shunt. This external
meter can be calibrated in either percent load or in amperes.
- Speed Potentiometers - kits includes a high quality industrial grade pot, adjustment knob and associated mounting hardware.
Contact SCR Melltronics for details.
- Rated Line Voltage: 120 or 240 VAC AC Single Phase
- Line Voltage Variations: ±10%
- Rated Line Frequency: 50/60Hz (±2Hz)
- Ambient Temperature: 0-40o C (32o F to 140o F)
- Altitude: Sea Level to 3300 Feet
- Ambient Temperature: (Enclosed Control) 0oC to 40oC
- Ambient Temperature: (Chassis Mount Control) 0oC to 55oC
- Storage Temperature: -30oC to 65oC
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 95%
*Operation at elevated temperature and higher altitudes requires derating of the control
- Min Speed: 0-30% of rated speed
- Acceleration Time: 0.2 to 4 sec. or 2-30 sec. linear
- Deceleration Time: 0.2 to 4 sec. or 2-30 sec. linear
- Jog Speed: 1 to 50% rated speed
- IR Compensation: 0 to 15% rated voltage
- I Limit: 0 to 150% of selected range
- Max Speed: 70-130% of rated speed
- Control Speed Range: 20:1 for basic control. May be extended to 200:1 by modification.
- Speed Regulations: 1% of maximum speed with any DC tachometer;
For a 95% load change:
Voltage regulated: 2-5% of max. speed.
Speed regulated: 1% of max. speed with any DC tachometer.
- All Other Variables:
Voltage Regulated: Changes up to 15% of topspeed can result from temperature variations, voltage and frequency variations and drift.
Speed Regulated: 1% of maximum speed with any DC tachometer
2% of maximum speed with any AC tachometer
- Overload Capacity: 150% of rated current for 1 minute
- Service Factor: 1.0
- Voltage: 100VDC with 120 VAC input200VDC with 240VAC input
- Current: 3 amperes max.
|MOUNTING DIMENSIONS FOR CHASSIS ES2700
REV DATE: 7/29/2010
©2006 SCR Controls, Inc.
3479 Gribble Rd., Matthews, NC 28104
PO Box 2368, Indian Trail, NC 28079
This sight is viewed best viewed with the latest versions of Netscape,
Internet Explorer and Chrome.
A. Manufactured items:
MELLTRUM (SPECTRUM REPLACEMENT) ES100A ES125A ES150A ES150ARG ES200A ES200ARG ES222 ES2300RG ES2600RG ES2700 2400-8000 2400-8001W 2450-8000W
2450-8001W 2450-8010W 2450-8015W
EDDY CURRENT CLUTCH 1235 367 FOCUS 2 FOCUS1 FOCUS 1 REPLACEMENT BOULIGNY MARK ANDY SECO BALDWIN ENKEL CUSTOM AUTOMATION SYSTEMS MULTI DRIVE SYSTEMS ERC REPLACEMENT.